I kicked off the holiday weekend at Jamestown Beach today. Locals get in for free (the county is issuing parking decals this year) and visitors pay $4 weekdays/$7 weekends & holidays. I’m impressed with the work the county has done the last few years to make this beach family friendly. It’s dog-friendly, too!
- 3 crescent-shaped sandy beaches
- picnic areas (some shady) with grills
- concession stand with soft drinks, chips, and ice cream
- outside shower
- kayak & canoe launch site
- kayak rentals ($9/hour, 2-hour minimum)
- ample parking
- ADA access to the water
It’s a great place to relax, get some sun, swim, picnic, and launch your paddle craft. You can paddle your kayak or canoe from the easy put-in all the way around Jamestown Island. From the beach you can see the Jamestown Ferry taking cars across the river; paddlers will see the 3 ships that are replicas of those sailed from England to Jamestown in 1607.